Hair Cuts

Day 9:  Bad leg workout--wow!
Day 10:  Rest (I'm digging the 2 days on, 1 day off routine)

Tonight Kim came over to cut all of the Avery girls' hair(s?)  Molly was less than thrilled to have her trim, Lily didn't really care at all.  Molly is having an emotional roller coaster lately with the end of her preschool years coming to a close.  She is not happy about starting school in the fall and she is scared of so many things:  getting into trouble, not knowing the right answers, not having any friends.  Poor thing!  I have no idea why she's so distraught, and I try to tell her that it's completely normal, but she's so emotional!  She cries at the drop of a hat and is over the top dramatic.  I know once she gets to school and meets her classmates, she'll be fine.  But in the meantime, I'm trying to pump her up without being over the top. 

Tomorrow is the last day of school for my kids.  I'm glad--today I had to break up a fight between two 5th graders (by myself with 40 other 5th graders watching) and deal with random end of year items.  

I'm over it.  

I'm sick of hearing "your mama" and all the other kid issues.  

Yea for new jobs!  :)

Comments

  1. poor ms. molly! and poor you guys for having to deal with the emotion. She is such a cool kid...she'll have no problem at school! And - what about that new book bag she got?! She needs to go to school so she can use that bad boy.

    I can't even imagine how I will fell when Silas is only a summer away from starting school. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor girl!! She will do great!! :o) But, this is kind of normal. . .We are doing our "rush" of K office visits. . .lots of kids are scared. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts