Sore muscles.

I was up past midnight last night--mainly because it took me until 11:30 to scan and e-submit my theory final and then I needed some time to let my poor brain unwind.  I am so sore today and Chris let me sleep in (what a GOOD husband!) and I actually slept until after 9am.  I could not believe it!  

I have no clue how I did on the final.  I know some sections I should have done really well, I know some sections I got 100% correct.  Other sections....I'm not sure how I did and I guess we'll see when I get my final grade.  

Earlier in the semester I borrowed a friend's old notes from the class (including some of her old tests and quizzes).  After the first assignment I recognized that the professor was not updating his tests/quizzes, so I tucked away the quizzes and tests because I feel like it's cheating somehow--even though I think professors should try a little harder.  However, I did look at the homework assignments to keep myself on track because the professor said it was fine to work together on our homework, so I figured my friend and I were "working together."  I also worked with another friend via instant messenger on some of the assignments. 

I also know that the other friend who is taking the class right now has the same notes and part of me wonders if she looked at quizzes and tests--or at least the final exam.  I know she probably wonders the same about me, but I know in my heart that I didn't, and I know that my grade will reflect that.  It would have been so nice to just copy the answers and move on, but it wouldn't have done any good at all, and I would have felt so guilty I would have punished myself.  Sometimes I feel like I should be Catholic for the way I punish myself over sins I commit. I often take it so much harder than the offended person because I never let myself forget it.  In fact, I often remember people more for the things I have done wrong (i.e. "I would just die if she knew I told her I had plans one evening simply because I wanted to stay home to watch "The Biggest Loser" or whatever stupid thing I've done).  Anyhow, I'm not going to look at the final exam, even though mine is submitted, because I'm not trying to worry about my grade until they are posted.  

One of my classes has posted final grades and I did VERY well according to the class average.  Yes!  I wasn't too worried about that one because I have done well all semester.  I have a paper to write for my other class (due Monday at 5pm) and then I will be done with this semester.  I'll be so glad to have it behind me.  This has been a trying semester for a number of reasons including and excluding ECU.  

I will be posting news on my precariousness sometime in the next week.  I know most of you probably know, but it's an excellent story from beginning to end and I'm ready to share it with the world.  I have a lot to say, but I'm waiting for a few things to pass in the next week.  

My birthday is on the 11th and I will be 30.  I'm a little sad that I'm actually turning 30 only because it seems so grown up.  But, I think it will be just another day.  I have put a few things on my wish list, but I really want the Paula Deen cookware set.  Our pots and pans are terrible and don't cook nearly as well as I would like for them to.  I am planning to do a lot of cooking this summer while I'm home with the girls, and I really want some nice pans.  There were on sale at Target last week and I'm hoping that somebody picked them up for me. :)  We'll see.  I also would just like some new clothes--most of the clothes I own are from the year after Molly was born and she just turned 5.  It's time for a few upgrades in my opinion.  

Molly is home from the beach, I have laundry to do, a floor to mop, and some clutter to attend to.  Life is normal again at the Averys!  Have a good weekend everyone!

Comments

  1. Congrats on having another one behind you! I can't wait to hear the whole story around your "precariousness."

    I hope the Averys have a great Saturday evening and Sunday. Oh... and Happy Birthday a bit early, your plate is on its way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bday, I love that day, it's Madeline's bday as well!

    Funny, Catholics punishing themselves over sins? That's a new one to me and I was raised that way. I feel more conviction now that I'm not Catholic... and my family has no convictions... interesting.

    See you tomorrow I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish you a very Happy Birthday! I, too, turn 30 this year. . .For me is it hard b/c I often feel I am not where "IVY" wants to be (married and a mommy). . .Yet, I know God has a plan far greater than my own! :o) I have enjoyed getting to know you better through your bog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's my lack of knowledge Kelly....anyhow,..I was referring to the Catholic's need to "do" something to erase the sin through their confessions and Hail Marys.

    I think it's nice but unnecessary (thank you very much Jesus) to do these acts of forgiveness. . .but I've always been told that Catholics feel it is necessary.

    Again, perhaps it's just my ignorance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember going to "confession" as a child in the Catholic church. I would make up stuff just to have plenty to confess. and then come out and do the required number of hail Mary's and our Fathers on my rosary beads.

    I Could not agree more - THANK YOU VERY MUCH JESUS!

    I understood what you said about not letting yourself forget. I still struggle some with guilt or trying to be good enough - not sure. I am reading this book called Crazy Love - Overwhelmed by a Relentless God. The description just really got to me. I copied it and have been sharing it a lot.



    Crazy Love
    Francis Chan

    Have you ever wondered if we're missing it? It's crazy, if you think about it. The God of the universe-the Creator of nitrogen and pine needles, galaxies and E-minor-loves us with a radical, unconditional, self-sacrificing love. And what is our typical response? We go to church, sing songs, and try not to cuss.
    Whether you've verbalized it yet or not.we all know something's wrong.


    Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical, solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacency isn't working harder at a list of do's and don'ts-it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it, you will never be the same.


    Because when you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. that sounds like a GREAT read, Jill--I'll have to check it out!

    Missed seeing you today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my dog licks herself like a cat, too! she'll take her paws and use them to clean her face and nose like the cats do. we blame that on the cats and her picking up their tendencies.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts