Saturday!

The Averys decided at the very last minute to not visit my parents this weekend.  I haven't been home in a few weeks, and it's post Mother's Day, my birthday, and my dad's birthday is tomorrow.  However, we have a crazy schedule for the next week and mom asked us to consider NOT coming (not because she didn't want to see us, but because she knew how insane it was going to be).  On Wednesday I am leaving from work to go to the MACU staff planning retreat in Corolla and will be there until Friday afternoon.  I'm looking forward to getting to know some of the faculty and staff better, get a handle on what MACU is planning for the future, and getting a better idea of what my role will be in the process.  Then, on Saturday we will be going with my parents to Williamsburg and Busch Gardens in celebration of Lily's birthday (we are eating breakfast with Elmo and the other Sesame Street characters!) and the church staff retreat.  The girls and I (along with the Turner children) on Monday afternoon because of school and Chris and the staff will stay in VA to continue planning and retreating.  My mom will come to stay with me and the girls until he comes home so that I don't have to take them to Chocowinity before I go to work.  

So, instead of going to Jacksonville, the Averys are going to play catch up with life post-ECU semester.  We need to run to Target to get a few items, Harris Teeter to pick up some drinks for the Friend's Meal tomorrow at church (heads up everyone--we'll be eating outside if it's sunny!) and Pepsi canned drinks are buy 2 get 3 free (our favorite deal!)  We also may (just may) pick up my Paula Deen cookware today.  I haven't said anything about it yet, but I have been waiting patiently for my reimbursement to come from the county for my SEPTEMBER insurance that I didn't request (still ridiculous).  Because of my check delay, I didn't expect it on my birthday....but NOW. .. .well....I'm just saying....  

Tomorrow afternoon we are meeting Lauren for some photos for the girls. I'm very excited to see what she has planned for us.  I found two cute dresses at Old Navy in the back corner (oh yes!) that are similiar styles and color, but not matchy matchy.  I don't want EVERY picture of them to be in matching dresses because they are two different girls.  But, I will say, they are just so cute in their new dresses and I can't wait to see the finished product. 

I've been toying with the idea of trying Aperture photo editing software.  You can download a trial version for a month and I have been reading all of the tutorials Mac offers.  I love photography and while I don't want to invest in a professional camera, the Nikons I have are very nice camera and are capable of some good photos.  Sometimes I wish I had an upgrade on the software to complement the photos I've taken.  What software does everyone use?  Does anyone use software outside of the basic stuff?


Comments

  1. I've used Lightroom a little bit but haven't gotten real comfortable with it. I've enjoyed using Aperture more, and Photoshop has been great, especially now that I'm using actions, etc.

    So excited about tomorrow! I hoping the weather holds out--I want it to be overcast so we're not dealing with harsh shadows, but obviously I don't want it to be pouring or lightening around us. So we'll keep an eye on it. I'll talk to you about it tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you are fortunate enough to have another reason to buy Photoshop, its definitely worth it. But, the learning curve might be a bit steeper since its really for much more than just photos. Just upgraded to Photoshop CS4, and love it.

    Aperture seems much improved over its first release, but its still $200 list. The latest iPhoto is pretty sophisticated too... but everything is some algorithm and doesn't provide you with much spot-specific control. Still, I'd play with it before I bought something else since the price of entry is so low.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts