Rainy Day!

Yesterday afternoon we met with Lauren to get some photos of my girls in downtown Washington.  I wanted something a little different for my kids--especially since it's been nearly a year since we've had photos taken.  I wanted something. . . interesting. . . and I really think she understood what I was looking for.  The artist in me wanted something that wasn't your typical "matchy matchy smile for the camera turn your head this way and smile!"  Remember--I'm also the mom who stripped her babies down in Sears for the famous naked kiss the baby picture.  I think sometimes you have to be willing to take some chances--and I trust Lauren's eye completely.  Chris and I both agreed beforehand that whatever Lauren wanted, Lauren would get.  Who am I to tell the professional what to do?  All I wanted was something urban with saturation.  

Lauren was a pro--she was soaked by the end of the session from standing barefoot in puddles and the constant drizzle/thunderstorm and we all survived the massive mosquito (gorilla gnat?) infestation heading back to car.  My girls loved "playing with the picture girl Ms. Lauren" and I can't wait to have her take more pictures in the future! 

Comments

  1. WOW! I followed the link and the pictures are incredible! She definitely does great work and the girls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll cherish those forever. Those photos are amazing. The photographer is truly an artist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are absolutely wonderful! I can't wait for her to do some of Silas and Savannah! She's getting herself quite the business with all of us!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts