Money Money Money!

This week has been a challenge financially.  On Tuesday we found out about our 0.5% pay deductions (a lovely $100+ taken out of my next two checks).  On Wednesday I came home and received a letter from National Board Certification that I owed them $2300.00 for the assessment fee because I didn't fulfill the teaching requirement of one year of service in NC (an error on their part).  And yesterday my pay check was $500.00 less because of an error in accounting--and I had to deal with snippy CP who is NEVER nice and said, "I don't mean to be rude, but I DID my job." (When, clearly she didn't because I had a $500.00 incorrect deduction from my pay check!!!!)  And had I not wanted to collect my $500 before my next paycheck I would have told her where to take her job and shove it.  

Wow.  

Needless to say, I had a few little things that I had put off purchasing until May that now I am not sure I will see until the fall.  

Sigh.  

It's JUST money.  I know.  But it's like everyone has their hands out today looking to take a little more of my pennies that I have earned with hard work.  

Updated to Do List (getting there)

10 page paper (no progress)

Concert (must make program for copy and discuss with custodians how to arrange gym)

Theory exam (probably 1/2 done, due tonight at midnight)

Horn out of shop




Comments

  1. Hang in there girl! You are an amazing person and God will provide. . .I've felt the money crunch the past few days and I know that God will provide. . . My parents have been under a great deal of stress, I have surgery coming up, and it sems the bills are just increasing vs. decreasing. . . But, I see God's daily provision and I know he is in control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Amanda...

    I'm sorry.

    I laughed when I read the part about snippy CP and what she could do with her job. After I was diagnosed, I spoke to someone at Social Security-800 number about disability. She was so rude. I almost called her the "B" word. Even that's how she was acting, somehow I restrained myself. Thank goodness-because I know me, I would've felt horrible afterwords and I can't imagine having to track someone down to apologize at an 800 number :-)

    I have to be mindful and prayerful of attacks from the enemy. He is throwing those fiery darts at you.

    I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, well the liberals want some more... read an article this week saying they were going to take back last year's stimulus next year IF you are married and both of you work. Hey Obama, thanks for breaking the backbone of this economy! "Just words, just speeches." Little did people know that he was talking about himself. Sorry, money is on my mind, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS to my comment....

    not that I even typically use that kind of language.


    I felt guilty after I said that. Must be the former Catholic in me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooh better go say some HMs and count beads!!!

    hahaha I love you Jill!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts