Quiet

Today my in-laws graciously agreed to take our girls for the weekend so Chris and I could get a mini break.  It has been glorious to have such a quiet house today!  Chris and I waited until after lunch and went kayaking again.  My arms are still a little sore from Thursday's excursion, but I really enjoy the feeling of being out in the middle of nowhere (even though we could hear the cars from 10th St).  It's so peaceful-- just turtles sunning on the logs, a few birds, and water and trees.  Even though it was chilly, it wasn't so bad once we were paddling around.  

Afterwards, we came back to the house and showered before the Carolina game--go Heels!  I worked on my theory homework for about 3 hours or so, and still didn't complete it.  Whew!  I'm glad I didn't wait until tomorrow afternoon to get started on it.  I also have to prepare for a debate on Monday evening, in addition to a little more homework.  I have a lot of assignments coming up in the next few weeks as the semester begins to come to a close.  It's going to be crazy busy between now and then between the festivals, concerts, and competitions my school kids are working on, church and family obligations, and homework on top of all of that.  

I'm registering for classes next week for the next school year.  I'm really excited that once I get past this theory class and this summer's Structure & Style (cracked out theory on steroids) everything should be downhill in regards to difficulty.  I'm excited that the guitar professor agreed to let me take lessons from him as my applied instrument as well.  I've always been to play a few simple songs and chords, but I'm really excited to learn the classical side of the instrument.  I feel like it will give me a really solid foundation and it's something I can use for many different things.  Dr. Frank is an excellent player and I'm looking forward to a whole year of studying under him.  I'm also taking some classes from some former professors (hurray!) and I'm looking forward to the courses.    

Besides, I just think it's cool.  

We're going to have some major changes going on in our house as well--I know most of my little blogging community knows what's going on, but I'm asking you all please, please, please not to make any references to it here or on FB.  I can't go into everything now, but I need this to be kept slightly quiet (at least locally) for a at least a few more weeks.  Trust me, this has been one amazingly awesome ride, and I can't WAIT to share it with everyone.  I want to shout from the rooftops about how good God has been to me and my family, and I promise you, this is out of control crazy cool.  I get chills and stomach flip-flops when I think about everything that has happened.  I can't hardly believe it....WOW!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts