Lovely....just lovely.

That's my opinion of the weekend forecast by our local weathermen!  Hurray for warmer weather!  Sometimes I think the cold weather makes us all a little sad and blah.  I mean, there is nothing to look forward to in the winter (other than the occasional freak NC snow event).  There aren't any flowers, no sunlit drives home, no warmth.  It's very blah and cold.  I don't care for it at all. 

I'm hoping to open our windows and spend as much time in the sun as possible.  My daddy used to say that when we were upset or cranky it was because we didn't get enough sun that day.  He's not a fan of recycled air by any means.  But, I must admit that there is something refreshing about letting that first hint of spring into your body.  I crave this weather with every ounce of my being!  Maybe it's dramatic, but OH I love this time of year as much as the fall.  Funny, I love the in between of spring and fall.  Not too hot, not too cold, but JUST RIGHT!

I have another step in the process this weekend.  No big deal, but another step on Saturday.  I'm not stressed at all, I feel like I'm moving forward and doing the right thing.  Every day when I have a doubt in my head I am reaffirmed through someone's words or a situation.  It's been such an incredible process and I can't wait to finally share it publicly with my blogging community.  

Tomorrow is a workday and I can get caught up on my mile-long to do list at work.  I don't mind these days because I can work uninterrupted and I love the feeling of crossing off items on my to-do list.  Molly is coming with me and she is so excited.  She packed her lunchbox tonight with lunch and snacks for her big day at mommy's school.  She's so cute!  I can't believe she will go to kindergarten in the fall!  Where did the last 5 years go?  Incredible.  

Chris and I are looking into a real vacation for the two of us.  We just want to get away for a few days at the beginning of summer.  We haven't had a vacation since our honeymoon as every summer something has happened that has prevented us from getting away (babies, moving, job changes).  We don't want to spend a ton of money, but at the same time I really was to go somewhere a little nicer than your typical hotel.  We're thinking Florida or Vegas....any suggestions?  

Comments

  1. VEGAS!! :o) I love it and for the most part, it is cheap and lots of fun (even if you don't gamble or drink!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me add another vote for Vegas. Just make sure you stay on the strip. Staying off the strip is a nightmare and means you'll spend more time dealing with shuttles or cabs and less time actually enjoying everything.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts