Day 3

I have decided what my "purpose" will be for the next 40 days.  It seems a little funny to say that, especially because I think our purposes are decided before we are born, so....am I just fulfilling what has already been decided?  I don't think there is anything wrong with committing to pray or fast for something at any time.  We are allowed to bring our requests to God at any time (thank you, Jesus!) as long as we don't consider it an open-checkbook system.  I feel really good about my decision.  There have been a lot of incidents in the past months that have led me to this decision, and I'm excited to see what will happen in the next 40 days.  I'll announce to my wee blogger world my 40 day topic--and then hopefully I'll have stories to share about God's amazing grace and revelations at the conclusion of the 40 days.  

I had an interesting conversation with my aunt over the vacation.  What does everyone know about the emergent church?  I'm not even sure if I'm spelling it right.... Anyone familiar with Rob Bell?  Velvet Elvis?  

We had Christmas/New Year's/Ryn's 1st Birthday/ECU Bowl Game/Will Signing with the Milburn's last night.  Heather  and Troy are some of our very closest friends and it's been such a long time since we've been able to spend time together.  Our kids are close in age (and they recently discovered they are expecting a 3rd in June--remember, their youngest just turned 1 last week!!!!)  We had to take care of all the necessary paperwork for my will--essentially that they will take our children in the event something terrible happens to Chris and I.  Morbid, but necessary.  No parent ever wants to talk about, or think about leaving their children.  ANYHOW, Heather got me Multiple Blessings--the Jon & Kate book!  I read it last night in about 2-3 hours--it was so good!  I was really impressed with Kate's candid stories and her openness.  She's taken a lot of hits in the past few months, but I think she's wonderful, and after reading her story I am so amazed at her dependency on God during some crazy moments.  It's a good light read--Heather wanted it next, but if anyone else is interested, I'll add you to the loan list! :)

Well, I hear Lily beating the walls with her feet--her signal to me to get her up.  She's a nutcase in her bunk beds!  She's so small and tiny looking--and very silly!  Instead of knocking on the door like a normal person, she's found it much more efficient to kick the wall until we rescue her.  She's unable to reach the doorknobs....poor thing got short genes from someone!


Comments

Popular Posts