Thunderstorms make me nervous....

I'm afraid of them.  Ugh. 

I've recently subscribed to Andy Stanley's free weekly podcasts.  I have a 30 minute commute to work everyday and I have really enjoyed spending the time listening to him in the mornings and afternoons.  He's so insightful and easy to listen to.  Yea for iPods!

School is really bumming me out.  I have been praying for a change of situation--I want a job situation that blows my mind.  Please join me in this prayer if you're the praying sort.  :)  I feel like God has big plans for me, and I feel like I'm experiencing all of this change for a purpose.  The problem is making sure I check myself and recognize that this situation is only temporary and that it is preparing me for something better before I go all gloom and doom.  "Trust in the Lord with ALL of your heart and lean NOT on your own understanding....acknowledge Him in all of your ways and He will make your path STRAIGHT."  I keep reminding myself.....

LW--I have started my list.  I'm trying to have a thrifty Christmas.  Of course I want to get nice things for the girls--but not crap that will fill up their room.  Right now Molly only wants skates and 2 movies.  Very easy.  Lily is too young to know what's happening.  She's been obsessed with Abby Cadabby on Sesame Street.  There is a new movie, Abby in Wonderland(?) and we're planning to get that for her...and probably a new baby.  Buster ate a lot of our blocks so we will probably get her some of those too....maybe.  We have a set of big Legos that double as a nightstand for Molly, we may do a tradeout with those.  

Chris' cousin is getting married this Friday and Molly will be the flowergirl.  I LOVE weddings! :)

Comments

  1. whatever is bumming you out about school, it will get better. and I know that God has something amazing in store for you. You're a great musician and I'm sure you're a great teacher. It will all work out.
    P.S. you're a pretty great friend too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Silas keeps saying he wants a camera...I want to do some research on those digital cameras for kids and see what I think. We'll probably just get him one thing because the grandparents will shower him, I'm sure!

    We might go pick out paint for our bedroom tonight!!! I've been wanting to paint since we moved in. I'm in a cleaning and getting rid of clutter mood today. I went through our books and DVD's and got rid of a BUNCH!!! I think I'll try my hand at selling some on Craigslist. I think I'll head for the closets this weekend.

    Silas is complaining of belly aches...crying every now and then. No fever, so we're just watching out for any more signs. It's scary when you're kids are sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your bummy job situation. For a lot of years I felt anguish over my job situations. And 2 years ago, just when I thought I was getting some relief, I stepped on a land mine- the situation only getting worse! But what i wanted in MY time, God said I had to wait for HIS time. I was finally delivered from the pain and suffering last September. I know it's hard. But be at peace, God WILL deliver you, too! During the hardest times, I kept his song in my heart. Praise Him in this storm!

    (Sorry for carrying on so long) ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts