Sick in the Head

Today is wonderful.  It is 8:15am and I am sitting in my living room listening to the washing machine and Sesame Street.  I'm watching Molly dance around the living room and I am happily drinking a lovely cup of coffee (cinnamon swirl with vanilla creme YUM!) and catching up a little on mindless blogging.  In a second I'm going to being a little homework in my pjs and enjoy the crispness of this morning.  It's a GLORIOUS day and I am NOT AT SCHOOL!!!

Molly and I need to get her ready for the wedding this afternoon and I'm sacrificing a "sick day" in order to stay home with her.  Sick days are so controversial in the teaching world--is a "mental health day" ok for sick leave?  I say yes--because if I am sick in the head so to speak, then I have no business being around children that aren't my own.  I'm so tired of school and it's only October.  Thanks for the support I've received from a few of you about my situation.  I just continue to make it through each day and try to keep my chin up.  I appreciate your prayers about everything.  I'm so fortunate to be employed that sometimes I feel like a big baby complaining about my job, but this job is two jobs crammed into one busy day and it's overwhelming at times. 

Well, off to start a paper and catch up on some schoolwork and some light housework.  My mom might be dropping in later today with my grandmother--they are planning to go to Saturdays in Greenville to do a little specialty shoe shopping--my grandmother has extremely narrow feet and she can't find shoes at regular stores like most of us.  

This afternoon I have to take Molly to get her hair done for the wedding this evening.  It's going to be outside--I'll see if we can get some pictures.  Tomorrow is volunteer appreciation at church--I'm hoping the boys get a lot done today so Lindsey and I don't eat up our Saturday getting things ready.  She has some desserts to make (I vote for Paula!), but hopefully we won't have to be at church all day tomorrow.  



Comments

  1. I'm praying for you!! God will see you through this. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts