Oh me...

I sure would like the Merry Maids to drop by my house.  I can't keep up with the laundry and basic day-to-day cleaning items these days.  For whatever reason, I perpetually have clothes that need to be washed, folded, and put away.  I have dishes on the countertops (a personal pet peeve).  I swear they multiply like bunnies in the middle of the night!!!  I also have things I just need to do like clean out the girls' closet of summer clothing and get their winter items out of the attic (which also involves washing, folding, and putting away ugh).  I need about a week to catch my house up to Amanda Standard.  

I remember thinking I was soooo busy back when I was in school.  Yes, I did have a full plate back then between classes, practicing (which some people really thought was secret code for making out....which was so absurd.  Like I'd really make out with someone for 4 HOURS A FREAKIN' DAY!!!????!!!! Come on...), CCF, SAI, teaching private lessons, and working at University CoC--but I also remember having time to hang out and sleep on a regular basis.  I guess I didn't have a job, husband, or kids.  

Man, some days I wish I had that time back.  If nothing else I would have a clean house again.

Comments

  1. I just told Chris today that I feel like I'm doing laundry everyday! Whew...it's never ending. I can hardly get it put away before it's time to do more.

    I'm at home all day and I can't even keep my house like I want it. I did get it pretty clean yesterday because my dad stopped by and grabbed Silas for the day. It was so nice being able to clean and it stay clean for longer than 5 minutes!

    Hang in there....Christmas break is coming. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting in Glen's living room right now and laughing uncontrollably. Amanda, I love you blog! It bring me joy! I also like how you have come to realize you really weren't that busy in school. Most of all I like that reference to people, LIKE ME, who thought practicing was code for making out. Haha! -kellar

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is funny I am reading this today. I actually thought the same thing this week. Granted, I don't have kids, but I seem busier now than ever. Can I go back to grad school again? :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts