It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!

This morning as I was driving to work I noticed it....the beautiful October full moon.  I love this moon--so big, just like Linus' in the movie.  I also sighed a DEEP sigh, as full moons bring out the animal in the children at school.  It's an effect similar to the werewolf--the moon comes out and so do the children's horns and claws.  These few days while the moon is very full the kids go bananas and we teachers do everything we can to hold it together.  Add in a little excitement of Halloween (which is 2nd only to Christmas, followed closely by the last day of school), and it's agony.  Even good kids go bad during the full moon--children I never, ever, ever speak to decide to act silly and giggly.  Incredible.  

It has been Fall Break at ECU the past 2 days--I've enjoyed the momentary break from school work.  I'm ready for this semester to end so I can look forward to new classes and hopefully a lighter load.  I know I have a lot to do between now and then, but I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.  Whew!

Our family has been working out on the Wii Fit--I'm down a whole 0.25 BMI in 4 days--yippee!  I really enjoy the variety, and it is quite the workout.  Yoga, aerobics, running, boxing--it's pretty awesome.  Very cool!


Comments

  1. WiiFit is so fun! Good luck with handling your kids the next couple of days - I'm fairly certain the full moon brings out crazy people of all ages :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I realized last night that THE DAY....Oct 24....HSM3 night....is the night we'll be at the state fair! Maybe we could wait and go on Saturday for a matinee? You up for it?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts