Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I should NOT be awake...

I have no earthly idea why I feel like I need to blog right this very minute.  I should be in bed, preparing my achy body for yet another day of school, but alas I am very much awake thanks to a lovely can of Diet Dew.  Three hours ago while I was propping my eyelids open trying to read AND comprehend my 2nd edition of Foundations of Music Education, I decided a little caffeine would make this go a lot easier.  And now it's 11:15pm and I'm wide awake.  

Poor decision.  

School has been less than wonderful so far.  I hate to gripe on and on about it, but it really is killing me this year.  I am annoyed that my friends are at different school thanks to budget cuts.  I'm annoyed that I have to work two jobs for the price of one, thanks again to budget cuts.  When did we get back on this "let's cut the arts" bandwagon?  I know, I know, I KNOW that it is not considered a core course according to the No Child Left Behind legislature.  I KNOW that it's not an athletic class (which eventually will bring money in at football games).  

What happened to the freedom of expression?  

What happened to aesthetics?  

There is something to be said about the power to CREATE.  

You really ought to try it sometime.    

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails