A post in which I don't really want to talk about CFA.

Because no matter what I say--it can, and will, be used against me.  


I commend people for standing up for what they believe in--on both sides of the argument.  I love the fact that I live in a country where I can have an opinion and you don't have to like it.  I love that I live in a country full of diverse people.  I certainly don't want to be a country full of plain-belly Sneetches.    I want there to be star bellies as well as triangles and squares and plaids and polka-dotted Sneetches, too.  I've got friends of all varieties, shapes, and colors and I believe that they know my heart and my intentions.  If you don't know me personally, I can't expect you to believe me.  And even if you do know me personally, you don't have to agree with me.

That's your choice and your right.  

I want us to be a country, a people, and a church body that loves one another.  I want us to live in harmony with one another.  But, I also know that I am living in a world full of imperfect people--starting with myself and including the other Christians I go to church with.

I just don't believe that passing judgements, hurling insults, being rude, snide, high and mighty, or obnoxious is the way to promote tolerance or love. 


 When the Pharisees heard how he had bested the Sadducees, they gathered their forces for an assault. One of their religion scholars spoke for them, posing a question they hoped would show him up: "Teacher, which command in God's Law is the most important?"
 Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' This is the most important, the first on any list. But there is a second to set alongside it: 'Love others as well as you love yourself.' These two commands are pegs; everything in God's Law and the Prophets hangs from them." 
Matthew 22:34-40 (The Message)

Comments

  1. Well said.. I think people get so caught up in trying to stand for what they believe in that they forget that being tolerant and loving others despite their differences is just as important.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts