A Very Thin Line

There is a very thin line between arrogance and confidence. 

Be wary when you dance around it.

What are your TRUE intentions?

I have no problems with those who are confident in the Lord.  Those who truly exude the joy and satisfaction of knowing Christ.  There is a glow about them.

I have less tolerance for those who feel they are superior to others.  To the point that rules don't apply to them.  Or they say one thing and then do another.  There is a swagger about them.

I can't STAND that swagger.  

Burns my hide.  

The worst, absolute worst part of it all is that people will follow the arrogant Christian like sheep.

And emulate that person.

And become that person--and make the rest of us look like pompous and arrogant jerks who believe their poo poo don't stink.

And THAT, my dear friends, is simply further from the truth.  

Please note--sometimes it's not what you say, but the tone you take on.  Or the words you choose.  Or the look on your face.

Please also note that the worst offenders are often those employed in full time ministry.

So, the next time you feel like, "Yeah, I got this.  People like me.  I'm smart.  I know what I'm doing and I'm going to show so and so how to do it sooooo much better"  blah blah.

Just stop.  

I've got something to tell you.

People really, really, really just want to punch you in the face.  Or run away.  Or be just like you.

All of the above are terrible options.

Your goal is to love people like Christ loved us.

And share your joy.

And share your promise.

And share peace.

And unless you've defeated sin, I really don't want to attend the Church of So and So Arrogant Person's Church thankyouverymuch. 

And, yes, there is a sting of reflection and identification--ouch. 

Comments

Popular Posts