(in)Courage Year in Review Q/A



1. What was the single best thing that happened this past year?
I prayed for a specific situation for our family. . .and it happened.  I wanted a job that would allow me to stay home part time, work in a church or college, and still have benefits.  Crazy.
2. What was the single most challenging thing that happened?


Transitioning from public to private school instruction, leaving the familiarity of my students, colleagues, and friends to start over again.

3. What was an unexpected joy this past year?
Being home with Lily in the mornings--such a sweet time. 
4. What was an unexpected obstacle?


Making financial adjustments. 

5. Pick three words to describe 2009.
New, unexpected, blessing. 
6. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe your 2009 (don’t ask them; guess based on how you think your spouse sees you).


Exciting, awesome, crazy.

7. Pick three words your spouse would use to describe their 2009 (again, without asking).
Busy, hard (because I've been in school, working, and taking a job 2 hours away), great
8. What were the best books you read this year?


Twilight Series

9. With whom were your most valuable relationships?
My church girls--most notably Jill, Rachel, and Maria; my mom and my family; Heather
10. What was your biggest personal change from January to December of this past year?


Taking a leap of faith when pursuing a job completely out of my comfort zone.

11. In what way(s) did you grow emotionally?
I began to value my family more and work, commitments, and stuff less. 
12. In what way(s) did you grow spiritually?


I began to trust God in situations that didn't make sense.

13. In what way(s) did you grow physically?
Hmm.....I'm going to say only in the weight sense.  However, it is my intention to make 2010 a better year for the physical me (among other areas)
14. In what way(s) did you grow in your relationships with others?


I made new friends this year--and the honesty that comes with those situations we've faced makes things very real.

15. What was the most enjoyable area of managing your home?
Working on some odd jobs around the house that made things more me and less hodge podge. 
16. What was your most challenging area of home management?


Balancing a new financial situation

17. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this past year?
The computer
18. What was the best way you used your time this past year?


Working around the house.

19. What was the biggest thing you learned this past year?
Some things that we spend our lives chasing really, really don't matter at all. 
20. Create a phrase or statement that describes 2009 for you.
The year Amanda realized what she wanted in life--and starting pursuing it. 
___

Comments

  1. Love it. So glad to have gotten to "know you" this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love, love, love (translated lerve)
    you.

    And those sweet girls of yours.

    And tell Molly Chris too :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts